Monday, July 31, 2006

My trips to LSR

I started to go to Lower Pierce Reservoir or LSR after meeting some friends at www.Fishingnewsroom.com. So, begins a journey into freshwater & sea fishing.
We are fortunate that the PUB have opened some areas of the reservoir for game fishing. There are rules that you cannot use live baits for fishing with in the water catchment areas.
The reservoirs that are open for fishing are: -

  • Lower Pierce Reservoir
  • Lower Seletar reservoir
  • MacRitchie Reservoir
  • Yishun
  • Upper Seletar Reservoir
  • Mandai
  • Kranji Reservoir
  • Bedok Reservoir
  • Ponggol Pond

This is where I go to fish with my 'kakis' or 'buddies' on most Mondays & Thurs.

My first catch was a Peacock Bass or PB for short. Good feeling of the fight, almost cannot pull the fish up to the jetty.

PB comes in various sizes- small ones are most commonly found around the jetty. But you will be able to catch some pretty big ones at the correct spot.

As me and my buddy (Necro) kept going to LSR for our fishing trips, we some how go into a kind of competition - 'Who's going to catch the most or biggest today?'

We also experiment with the various lures and flies that we bought and by-the-way, I got into making my own flies.

I made several more of these and tested them with the PBs. I got my first catch using my own fly (picture above).......what a satisfaction! It workes!

my home-made flies

Coming up - catches for July 2006.

No comments: