Sunday, July 30, 2006

How I get hook on fishing....


I got to know how to fish when I was very young, using a bamboo rod with a fixed line and trying to catch whitettings along Pasir Panjang beach and at Tanah Merah Beach. I used to stay at my GreatGrand Father's bungalow at Pasir Panjang during the school holidays.
My first taste of pond fishing was at Tampinese in the 1970s during my school days. There are several ponds and my friends would get to the different ponds to fish.
Later, I started to owned a rod (Silstar- Ramrod and Zebco-Pro-Staff 40 reel) and went fishing at Pasir Ris pond in the 90's. Did some fishing also during my trip to Tioman Island using hand lines.
Now, I have got three rods and go fishing about two times a week. I hope to share my experiences week after week with the catches and misses, the friendship along the way and the joy of fishing. It doesn’t mean that you need to land a catch each time, but each time you go for fishing is a feeling of excitement and anticipation of a catch.....a bigger catch each time you are there.

No comments: