Tuesday, October 02, 2007

My Offshore Escapades - 24 Aug 07

Date: 24 Aug 07.
Location: Changi, Tekong, Ubin.
Rod: Assinnin
Reel: Sonar 3000
Line: 12 lbs Braided.


We meet at usual at Changi Village for breakfast and proceed towards Ah Chong boat. The current was slow and we are targeting for Grouper & promfets.


We went to a structure area and hope for the best. Then after several casts.....the action came fast & furious. Our lines went out & the reel sounded.... zzzzz...zzzz.....zzzz. Lines were broken, but our hearts were pounding. Someone got a hook-up, but couldn't control the fish, it went towards the structureed area and got entangle. Poor fellow, tried his best to pull up the fish but couldn't. One guy landed a Golden Promfet.....waoooooohh. Nice..Nice.We are hoping to get more if them. Some Goohoot (Grunter) also came up.

I got my Goohoot (grunter)and Golden Promfet 1.5Kg after a while. I was extremely happy with the catch.

Pic of my Golden Promfet.

No comments: